Monday, January 23, 2017

Looming Lighthouses


I have always been fascinated by those wondrous beacons, lighthouses. I have lived on the coast all my life and passed by a Lighthouse regularly.  The Western Australian coast is known as the shipwreck coast, the treacherous reefs claiming many victims over years. Many lighthouses dot along the rugged coastline.

I visit lighthouses whenever I travel and so it seemed like the perfect place to set Book One of The Peron Cove mysteries.  Although the lighthouse in the fictional town of Peron Cove is not a real lighthouse, it is based on several Western Australian and Victorian lighthouses I have visited.  The cottage in which one of the main characters, Ben, lives is based on the real Lighthouse Keepers cottages found beside Australian lighthouses. 





 

 












No comments:

Post a Comment